La traduction française de ce site est en travaux, donc s’il vous plaît,
soyez patient avec nous pendant que nous effectuer ce travail. Lire la suite ...
The restoration of the Willow Bunch Telegraph Office will preserve interior
layout as much as possible. The following are sketches of the interior layout (they are
a work in progress).
The basement didn't exist in the original building so there is nothing to preserve there.
The basement will be concealed by the decks that are yet to by built on the front of the
building, so even the two windows on the front of the basement won't be noticeable from
The bulk of the layout of the main floor is same as it was 100 years ago. The only changes are:
- The door between the kitchen and dinning room was moved to the north a bit to make more room for
counter space in the kitchen.
- The kitchen layout is different because it is a modern kitchen and not a 100 year old kitchen.
- The door and window in the back of the kitchen are new. The original building only had a door
in the center of the back wall.
- The door and stairs to the basement are new.
- The fridge and pantry area originally housed a built-in cabinet.
- The stairway to the basement and the bathroom are located in the space that was originally
a coal shed and often called the 'addition' or 'east lean-to' on this website.
The front half of the second floor is the same as it originally was. The back half of the second
floor was originally split right down the middle to form two equally sized rooms. Some time in the forties
the room on the right (west) was subdivided to create a bathroom on the second floor. The new layout
changes the south half of the second floor as follows:
- The south west corner of the second floor is being turned into the master bedroom.
- The bathroom is being relocated to the south east corner of the second floor to keep it closer
to the rest of the plumbing in the house. It also being made a bit larger to accommodate both
a shower and separate claw foot or whirlpool tub.
- The original door for the left (east) bedroom will be closed in. The door for the
right (west) room will be used as the entrance to the master bedroom.
- The door for the closet at the end of the hall will be closed in and replaced by the original
closet door in the bedroom.
- Some space in the attic above the kitchen is being turned into closed/storage
space for the bathroom.